Papers concern his architectural work at Stanford University. Included are carbon copies of his letters to Jane Stanford,
March to August 1901; typescript description of the frieze on the Memorial Arch; two souvenir booklets of the University,
1902-06; photographs of campus buildings and construction, 1891-1901. Other items include postcards from Jane Stanford, 1904,
and Jennie Lathrop, 1906, and a letter from George E. Crothers, 1929.
Charles E. Hodges was appointed Resident Architect by Leland and Jane Stanford in 1891, a position he held until his resignation
in June of 1906. Prior to this appointment, he was draftsman to Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, the architectural firm responsible
for many of the University's original buildings.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.