This collection consists of black and white negatives and contact sheets of the original grant, done in calligraphy with some
embellishments, along with mounted prints of eight pages from the grant; and color negatives and prints of selected pages
from the original grant, including the LSJU monogram.
The Leland Stanford Junior University was established in 1885 in memory of Leland Stanford Jr., the only child of Senator
and Mrs. Leland Stanford. Founding of the University was accomplished by a Grant of Endowment by Jane and Leland Stanford,
dated November 11, 1885.