The collection includes reports, surveys and related material, and maps complied by the Los Angeles Bureau of Municipal Research
and dates from 1928-1981.
The Los Angeles Bureau of Municipal Research was incorporated in 1931 under the laws of the State of California as a non-profit
corporation. The Bureau's primary purpose was the study of land economics and fiscal policies to insure that equitable balance
is maintained in relation to the taxpaying ability of the economy. In order to do this the Bureau used expert research and
independent analysis to ensure that the basics of city government, its tax policies, service delivery and schools promoted
a strong business and residential climate. James O. Stevenson was the Director of the Bureau from its inception. Municipal
incorporation studies have been made for Bellflower, East Los Angeles, Lawndale, Norwalk, Palmdale, Paramount, Pico Rivera,
and Rolling Hills Estates. Economic and tax surveys have been made for Santa Fe Springs, Vernon, West Covina, and Whittier;
the county of Riverside; Las Vegas; Nevada and the island of Oahu.
14.33 Linear feet
14 bankers boxes, 1 document box
The collection contains published articles; researchers are reminded of the copyright restrictions imposed by publishers on
reusing their articles and parts of books. It is the responsibility of researchers to acquire permission from publishers when
reusing such materials. The copyright to unpublished materials belongs to the heirs of the writers. Permission to publish,
quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access.