In 1924 the Plans and Planting Committee of the Community Arts Association created the De la Guerra Studios to demonstrate
the possibilities of creating distinctive Spanish Colonial architecture for Santa Barbara. The studios were part of the El
Paseo complex, also known as
Streets of Spain.
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Director for
Historical Resources. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation Research
Center as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which
must also be obtained by the reader.