The Lux Radio Theatre collection spans the years 1936-1955 and encompasses 42 linear feet, consisting
of 23 feet of disc recordings and 19 feet of scripts. The 1,750 discs contain more than 750 of the 844
shows, beginning with the first Hollywood broadcast in 1936.
Lux Radio Theatre was an American radio program created through a collaboration between the J. Walter
Thompson advertising agency and its client Lever Brothers, the maker of Lux toilet soap. The hour-long
dramatic program, broadcast from 1934 to 1955, used stars from the screen and stage in radio adaptations
of popular films and plays.
42 linear feet of papers.
Property rights to the physical object belong to the Margaret Herrick Library. Researchers are
responsible for obtaining all necessary rights, licenses, or permissions from the appropriate companies
or individuals before quoting from or publishing materials obtained from the library.
Available by appointment only.