TEMPLAR (built 1858; ship, 3m) logbook (SAFR 14268, HDC 58) consists of one logbook and a photocopy of the logbook recording
the voyages of the TEMPLAR. The first voyage departs from Calcutta on January 26 and arrives in Liverpool on October 24, 1862
via Brooklyn, NY. The master of this voyage was James P. Martin. The master of the second voyage was Capt. G. Oscar Lane and
the trip began in Liverpool in September of1862, stopped in Brooklyn and Sydney, New South Wales, and ended up again in Calcutta
on November 17, 1863. The log ends on January 17, 1864 while still in Calcutta.
The TEMPLAR (built 1858; ship, 3m) was a medium clipper ship built in 1858 by J.T. Foster in Medford, MA. It was rated at
947 gross tons, and measured 160' x 32' x 23'. Its original owner was T.B. Wales & Company. The ship was built for the India
and Far East trade, operating out of Boston as a home port.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.