G.W. McNear papers (SAFR 17618, HDC 68) consists of correspondence, billheads, surveyor's reports, newspaper clipping, cargo
plan, letter book, telegrams, receipts and manifests from the grain brokerage firm of G. W. McNear dating from 1876 to 1941.
This collection has been processed to the collection level and is open for use without restriction.
The G.W. McNear company was a grain brokerage firm in San Francisco that began business in the 1870's. It was founded by George
McNear, who came to San Francisco from Maine. For some years he worked in the grain trading company established by his brother
John A. McNear in Petaluma, and in 1874 he founded his own company with warehouses and docks in Port Costa, next to Martinez.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.