The Plaza de la Guerra redevelopment scheme drawings span 3 linear feet and date from circa 1923 to 1925. The collection consists
of one folder containing three architectural drawings: a presentation drawing in the form of a reprographic copy, a preliminary
sketch of the layout of the Plaza, and a plan and details of improvements to the plaza drawn by L. L. Pope and dated January
15, 1925. No architect’s name is listed on the drawings.
This collection of drawings document proposed schemes for the Plaza de la Guerra redevelopment project during the 1920s. The
Plaza de la Guerra located in Santa Barbara, California is a public square located in front of Casa de la Guerra. The Plaza
was first established in 1853 and later restored beginning in September of 1921. The restoration effort was spearheaded by
Santa Barbara businessman Bernard Hoffman whose vision for the plaza entailed creating a civic place around the Casa de la
Guerra. The architect responsible for the proposed designs in this collection is unknown.
3.0 Linear feet
(1 flat file folder)
Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.