This small collection consists of a ceremonial book documenting the School of the Line and Staff of Camp Hopkins, October
Session 1942; letters to and orders for the officers of the 1st Aero Squadron of the California State Militia, headquartered
in Griffith Park, regarding a program for enlisting recruits, the operation of an air base at Manzanar, and promotion orders;
and photographs, presumably of members of the Squadron. The collections appears to have been assembled by Captain John F.
B. Carruthers, who served as chaplain at Camp Hopkins School of the Line and Staff. Camp Harry L. Hopkins, located in the
Santa Monica Mountains, was the training center for the California State Guard. The School of the Line and Staff was established
in September 1942.
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian.
Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended
to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.