Professor McCluskey worked on electronic switching systems at the Bell Telephone Laboratories from 1955 to 1959. In 1959,
he moved to Princeton University, where he was Professor of Electrical Engineering and Director of the University Computer
Center. In 1966, he joined Stanford University, where he is Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, as well
as Director of the Center for Reliable Computing. He founded the Stanford Digital Systems Laboratory (now the Computer Systems
Laboratory) in 1969 and the Stanford Computer Engineering Program (now the Computer Science MS Degree Program) in 1970. The
Stanford Computer Forum (an Industrial Affiliates Program) was started by Dr. McCluskey and two colleagues in 1970 and he
was its Director until 1978.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94305-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
The materials are open for research use. Audio-visual materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted
to a digital use copy.