The California Native Daughters Club Collection consists of correspondence, records, printed materials, founding documents,
and artifacts related to club activities and member activities. It also contains documents specific to individual members.
The California Native Daughters Club was founded in Berkeley, California in the late 1950s. Founders included Bertha Allen,
the club's first president, and Ruth Lasartemay, who also served as president later. The club joined the National Association
of Colored Women's Clubs in 1959. The club was actively involved in multiple local activities such as California Negro History
.25 linear feet
Permission to publish from the California Native Daughters Club Collection must be obtained from the African American Museum
& Library at Oakland.
No access restrictions. Collection is open to the public.