This is a collection of letters and newspaper clippings bound in a scrapbook regarding the Alamo building and grounds, and
the work done by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas in 1907 to preserve the Alamo. The letter is written to George Wharton
James from Mrs. William Christian, 1907 May 2. Newspaper clippings are from 1904-1907.
Founded in 1891, The Daughters of The Republic of Texas is the oldest patriotic women’s organization in Texas and one of the
oldest in the nation. Their mission is to perpetuate the memory and spirit of those who achieved and maintained the independence
of Texas; provide educational programs of the highest caliber in coordination with Texas school districts and the Texas Education
Agency, as well as programs for the public; encourage research into early Texas records, preserve historic documents and encourage
the publication of historic records, and secure and memorialize historic sites.
0.1 linear feet
Copyright has not been assigned to the Autry National Center. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts
must be submitted in writing to the Autry Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Autry National Center
as the custodian of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research. Appointments to view materials are required. To make an appointment please visit http://theautry.org/research/research-rules-and-application
or contact library staff at email@example.com.