Title:Advertencia al Duque de Lerma, Ministro de Phelipe 4,⁰: and other papers
Creator/Contributor:Pérez, Antonio, -1611, creator
Creator/Contributor:Abarca de Bolea, Pedro Pablo, conde de Aranda, 1719-1798, Signer.
Creator/Contributor:Bishop of Puebla.
Creator/Contributor:Rozas, Luis de.
Creator/Contributor:Clement, XIII, Pope, 1693-1769
Creator/Contributor:0Freyre de Andrade, Gómez.
1. Admonition to the Duke of Lerma, minister of Philip IV, by his secretary, Antonio Pérez, then in exile in France, advising
him to continue in office, for the benefit of the people. [N.p., n.d.] 312 p.
2. The Bishop of Puebla informs the king of the damage done by permitting long vacancies of canonships and prebendaries in
the Church, and tells of this situation in the Cathedral of Los Angeles in Puebla. Dated Angeles [Puebla], April 15, 1662.
3. Rozas, Luis de. Letter from the governor of New Mexico to the Visitador, informing him to conditions in that province,
and of the steps that should be taken to remedy them. Santa Fe, Spetember 29, 1641. 56 p.
4. Letter from Pope Clement XIII to Charles III of Spain asking aid for the Catholics in Poland. Rome, April 27, 1767. 3 p.
5. Freyre de Andrade, Gómez. Letter to the caciques and leaders of towns in rebellion, warning them to submit. Written at
Campo del Rio Vardo, July 18, 1754. Relates to conditions in Uruguay. 10 p.
6. A 1767 file of papers relating to the expulsion of the Jesuits from Spain and her possessions, including two letters from
the King of Spain to the Pope, March 31 and May 2; the Pope's reply, April 16; and a "Consulta" or special report of the Council
of Castile, Madrid, April 30, 1767, signed by the Count of Aranda and other members. 51 p.
Subject:duque de -- Lerma, Francisco Sandoval y Rojas -- 1552-1625
III, King of Spain -- Charles -- 1716-1788
Catholic Church -- New Spain
Jesuits -- Spain
Jesuits -- New Spain
Also available on microfilm.
6 items (443 p.) ; 20 cm.
partial microfilm reel : negative (Rich. 486:20) and positive.
BANC MSS M-M 1908
BANC MSS M-M 1903-1911 FILM