Clippings, printed matter, pamphlets, reports, indices, notes, bulletins, lettergrams, weekly letters, and photographs relating
to pacifist, communist, fascist, and other radical movements, and to political developments in the United States and the Soviet
National Republic (subtitle, "magazine of fundamental Americanism") was published by the National Republic Publishing Co. in Washington, D.C.
It was established in March 1905 and ceased publication with v. 47, no. 11 in March 1960. Until March 1925, it was published
under the title
National Republican. The magazine, an illustrated monthly, focused on political affairs in the United States, particularly with regard to internal
security and communist activities. By the time it ceased publication in 1960, it had achieved a circulation of about 20,000.
735 microfilm reels, 76 manuscript boxes, 1 oversize box, 168 card file boxes, 4 sound discs
(143.0 linear feet)
For copyright status, please contact the Hoover Institution Archives
Collection is open for research.