Record Series 292 contains memoranda pertaining to the requirements, design, and other aspects of the graduate school's masters
and professional masters degree programs. The series also contains minutes of the proposal submitted to the Professional Masters
Committee and substantial correspondence to James Jackson.
In 1939 the College of Business Administration at UCLA was authorized to institute a M.B.A. program and the first 27 graduate
students in business entered the university. A doctoral program was initiated in 1953 and in 1955 the graduate programs were
used to form a graduate school of business separate from the undergraduate school. Special agencies were then added to the
graduate school, among them the Western Data Processing Center (1956) and the Western Management Science Institute (1960).
In 1961 a master of science degree was added to the graduate school's curriculum and the school library was established. Before
the end of the 1960s, the undergraduate school and its B.S. degree in Business Administration were phased out, leaving the
Graduate School of Business Administration as the only source of business education on the UCLA campus. The present name of
the John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management was bestowed on the school in 1987.
3.2 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.