Business papers of Allyne & White, chiefly San Francisco billheads and receipts; stock certificates; correspondence and other
material pertaining to the purchase and ownership of Rancho San Vicente in Santa Cruz County, Calif., by the Stanfords (1855-1869),
along with some of their business correspondence relating to Pacific Oil and Kerosene Works, which was known for several years
as Pacific Oil and Camphene Works; and miscellaneous business papers and a small amount of ephemera of John W. Allyne.
John W. Allyne, in partnership with William White, purchased the Pacific Oil And Kerosene Works from the Stanford Brothers
in 1869. The business, one of the pioneer firms in San Francisco, was started by Charles, Josiah and A. Philip Stanford in
1859 or 1860, and was known for several years as the Pacific Oil And Camphene Works. Under the ownership of Allyne and White
the firm was located at 121, 123, and 125 California Street, San Francisco (1869-1874); later it was relocated to 112 and
114 Front Street, San Francisco (1874-1885).
Extent: 11 folders
(0.3 Linear feet)
Copyright has not been assigned to The North Baker Research Library. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Library Director. Permission for publication is given on behalf of The North
Baker Research Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
CHS is not taking appointments for research at this time. Please check the Library's website updates: https://californiahistoricalsociety.org/collections/north-baker-research-library/