Record Series 223 contains correspondence, committee reports, and financial reports documenting the founding and business
of The Affiliates of UCLA. Also includes constitution and by-laws of the associations and annual membership directories.
The Affiliates of UCLA is an university service group composed of prominent women from the Los Angeles community. The organization
was formed in 1937 by Mrs. Edward A. Dickson and Countess Frederic Thorne-Rider when the Gold Shield alumnae association abandoned
its support of a faculty lecture series for the townswomen. Besides continuing this lecture series, the Affiliates has also
organized tours of the campus and, in 1958, established a student scholarship endowment fund.
0.4 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.