Record Series 3 contains the administrative files of the Committee on Sites for the Southern Branch of the University of California
(now called University of California, Los Angeles), with maps and photographs of potential sites. The Committee on Sites for
the Southern Branch was created by UC Regent Edward A. Dickson to help select the permanent campus of the University of California's
Southern Branch. On December 2, 1924 UC President W. W. Campbell appointed seventeen citizens of the Los Angeles area to serve
on this committee. Out of more than 100 proposed sites, on March 21, 1925 the Board of Regents voted to select the Beverly
Site (now Westwood) for the permanent campus of the University of California, Los Angeles.
The Committee on Sites for the Southern Branch was created to serve the University of California (UC) Board of Regents in
an advisory capacity. In 1923, Regent Edward A. Dickson proposed the creation of the committee to help select the site for
the permanent campus of the University of California, Southern Branch (now known as University of California, Los Angeles).
4.0 Linear Feet
Copyright to portions of this collection has been assigned to the UCLA Library Special Collections. The library can grant
permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. Commercial use may require additional rights that must
be determined and obtained by the researcher. All requests for copyright permission to publish must be submitted in writing
to Library Special Collections. Credit shall be given as follows: The Regents of the University of California on behalf of
the UCLA Library Special Collections.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE: Open for research. All requests to access special collections material must be made in advance
using the request button located on this page.