Jump to Content
1. Agendas of meetings and future meetings.
3. Chicago Regional Conference. 10/3/69
4. Committee reports.
5. Conferences of National Water Commission - General.
6. Conferences of National Water Commission - 1969
7A Conferences of National Water Commission - Austin, Texas, 10-4-6-71
7B Conferences of NWC - See boxes 30-34 1973 -
9. Congressional Reports.
10. Consultants' Presentations.
11. Correspondence - general.
1. Correspondence - to Theodore Schad.
2. Correspondence - misc. by addressee.
3. Correspondence - to Ray K. Linsley.
4. Correspondence - to Josiah Wheat.
5. Denver Regional Conference, 9/26/69
6. Desalting Report.
7. Documents, policy, background information.
8. Duplicate file.
9. Forecasting needs - A.D. Little report.
10. Future discussion.
11. Hearing, questions for.
1. Irrigation, role of in meeting demands for food and fiber - by Russell S. Thompson.
2. Los Angeles Regional Conference, (1) 10/27/69
3. Los Angeles Regional Conference, (2) 10/27/69,
4. Miscellaneous and fragments.
6. New Orleans Regional Conference. 10/8/69
7. New York Regional Conference. 10/16/69
1. Newspaper clippings and newsletters.
2. Notes (R.K. Linsley).
3. Portland Regional Conference. 10/26/69
4. Press Releases.
5. Progress Reports - Summaries of activities.
6. Prospective consultants.
7. Public land law study.
8. Recommendations / findings.
9. Related information.
2. Reports and papers - misc.
3. Required research.
4. Resource organizations.
6. Staff papers.
7. Statements to Commission. (misc.)
9. Study for N.W.C. - Future water demands....
10. Talks by N.W.C. staff.
11. Tenn. Valley Association visit./ N.W.C. meeting, 6-4-6-70
12. Travel for N.W.C.
1. Vested interests - correspondence from people with.
2. Washington Conference. Statements by state and fed. agencies. 11-6-7-69
3. Washington conference - statements by public organizations, associations, and societies.
4. Water law studies.
5. Water quality program.
6. Western states study plan.
7. Work program.
Minutes of Meetings 1-32
Minutes of Meetings 37-38.
Final and preliminary drafts - Report of the N.W.C. (annotated)
1. Staff papers - Report of the National Water Commission.
2. NWC 70-005. State of the Arts Study of Public Participation in the Water Resources Planning Process. Katherine P. Warner.
3. NWC 70-028. The Economic Value of Water: Concepts and Empirical Values. Robert A. Young and S. Lee Gray.
4. NWC 70-032. Role of Water in the Landscape - A Design overview by R. Burton Litton & Robert T. Felton.
5. NWC 70-034, Feasibility and Recommendations for Classifying water, by Robert Auherman and George I. Chisley.
6. NWC 71-002. Recycling and Ecosystem response to water manipulation, by H.K. Stevens, T.S. Bahr, R.A. Cole.
7. NWC 71-003. Extending the utility of non urban-water supplies, by Utah State University.
8. NWC 71-008. Water supply augmentation by watershed management in wildland areas, by William E. Sopper.
9. NWC 71-014. Water resources policy in Wisconsin [UNK] A summary assessment, by Irving K. Fox. University of Wisconsin, Water Resources Center - Technical Report OWRR-B-038-WIS. Vol. 1. 1971
10. NWC 71-016. Water resources policy and population change, by Rivkin/Carson, Inc. Wash., D.C.
11. NWC 71-023. Authorization and appropriation processes for water resource development, by David J. Allee and Helen M. Ingram.
12. NWC 72-001. Inter-governmental relations in water resource activities, by Wendell and Schwan, Wash, D/C/
13. NWC 72-007. Acreage limitation in the federal reclamation program, by Harry J. Hogan.
1. NWC 72-010. Preserving the Great Lakes, by Guy J. Kelnhofer.
2. NWC Legal Study #2. A functional analysis of riparian water law, By Clifford Davis.
3. NWC Legal Study #4. Toward an improved market in water resources, by Charles J. Meyers and Richard A. Posner.
4. NWC Legal Study #4A. Inadequacy of State water right records, by Richard L. Dewsnup and Charles J. Mayors.
7. NWC Legal Study 7. Major interbasin transfers, legal aspects. by Ralph W. Johnson.
8. NWC Legal Study 8A. Water for recreation: Acquiring or reserving public rights under state laws for instream uses, by Richard L. Dewsnup.
9. NWC Legal Study 8B. Waters for recreation: Rights of public use and public access on waters and adjacent shorelands. by R.L. Dewsnup.
10. NWC Legal Study 8C. Water waste: Legal reforms to encourage water salvage. by R.L. Dewsnup.
11. NWC Legal Study 11. The water resources council, by Ernst Liebman.
12. NWC Legal Study 12. Legal problems involved in the authorization of federal water resource projects. by Northcutt Ely.
13. NWC Legal Study 13. Institutional arrangements: River basin Commissions, Inter-agency committees and AdHoc Coordinating committees. by Gary W. Hart; The Possibilities and disabilities of river basin commissions established under title II of the water resources planning act of 1965 - the case of the New England river basins commission. by Helen Ingram.
14. NWC Legal Study 15. Additional alternative arrangements for river basins and other regions: the federal-state regional government corporation. by Richard A. Solomon.
15. NWC Legal Study 16. Legal and governmental structures for water management in metropolitan areas. by Orlando E. Del[UNK]ogu.
16. NWC Legal Study 17. Legal devices for accomodating water resources development and environmental values. by William A. Hillhouse II, and John L. DeWeerdt.
1. NWC Legal Study 18. Public regulation of water quality in the United States. by A. William Hines.
2. NWC Legal Study 20. Summary digest of major federal water laws and programs. by Theodore Schad.
3. Predator Control - Report to the Council on Environmental quality and the department of the interior, by the Advisory committee on Predator control. 1971-1-72
4. Alternative Adjustments to the Natural Hazard. by David G. Arey, with Duane D. Baumann.
5. The Value of Water in a System Context. by W.R. Butcher, N.K. Whittlesey and J.F. Orsborn.
6. Petition to the central Utah Water Consevancy District for Allotment of water for municipal and industrial use.
7. Analysis of the Muskegon County, Michigan wastewater management project. by George W. Davis and Allison Dunham.
8. Report to the National Association of Water companies on publicly regulated investor-owned water utilities. by Day and Zimmerman Consulting Services.
9. Western U.S. Water Plan. - 1971 progress report.
10. Official Review comments of the Plan of study for the western U.S. water plan.
11. Plan of study - western U.S. water plan.
12. Speech of Gordon Fulcher at the first Annual fall Technical Conference of the SW section, Texas Water pollution control Assoc. 10/28/71
13. Water resources research - It's role in the total R. & D. spectrum. by Dr. John S. Gladwell.
14. Reports to the National Water Commission by the High Plains Underground Water Conservation District # 1.
15. State and local capability to share financial responsibility of water development of the federal government. by the U.S. Water Resources Council.
16. A proposed national organizational structure for water resources planning. by Victor A. Koelzer.
17. Years of progress at the lower Colorado River Authority.
18. Lubbock Goals in the Seventies. revised edition.
19. Future alternatives affecting the agricultural demand for water and land: the effects of soy protein substitutes and nitrogen fertilizer restrictions on future water and land use. by Howard D. Madsen, E. O. Heady, S. H. Hargrove, K. J. Ticol.
20. A political and institutional analysis of Interbasin water transfers. by Dean E. Mann.
21. Draft outline of chapters and recommendations proposed for the final report of the National Water Commission.
22. Report of the water pollution control panel, NWC.
23. Report to the NWC - water resource planning. Dec-71
24. Report to the NWC - water resource planning. May-72
25. Rough draft, Preliminary findings - National Policy Implications of Urban Water Management.
1. The role of water resource development as a means of inducing regional economic development.
2. Pumped-storage potential of the pacific northwest - summary report parts I & II. by North Pacific Division Corps of Engineers, Portland, Oregon.
3. Status of Columbia River Salmon and Steelhead Trout - Fish and wildlife committee - Pacific Northwest River Basin Commission.
4. Twenty questions on electric power loads and resources on the pacific northwest - Bonneville Power Administration responses to questions posed by the Oregon nuclear and thermal energy council - Power planning committee, Pacific northwest river basins committee.
5. Investor-owned water utilities in the U.S. - A states trial description. by Robert G. Paszkiewicz.
6. Water resources management and life styles. by James A. Swan, Fred Amsteen, Robert Ross.
7. The Texas water plan - a program of water development for Texas.
8. First reader on water quality - The Texas water quality board.
9. Second reader on water quality- The Texas water quality board.
10. Forecasting water demands - preliminary - for review.
11. Proceedings - 1971 governmental affairs seminar - transcript of a seminar on administrative and legislative challenges in water pollution control, Wash., D.C., Water Pollution Control Federation. 3/20/71
12. Testimony before the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, Minneapolis, Minn. by Dr. James H. Wright.
13. Joining NOAA and the USGS.
14. Membership of ASCE Committee activities and research councils.
15. State water right laws. Preliminary. (See # 19 - p.68)
16. United Nations development program - project of the government of Mexico - National Water Planning Study.
17. Courts and Water: the role of the Judicial Process. by Grant P. Thompson, Preliminary form of PB 211 974. Jul-72
18. Pricing and efficiency in water resource management. by Robert K. Davis and Steve H. Hanke. Preliminary form of PB 209 083. Dec, 1971
19. A Summary - Digest of State Water Laws. NWC. Vol. I Alabama-Nebraska. Feb-73
20. A Summary - Digest of State Water Laws. NWC. Vol II[UNK] Nevada-Wyoming and comments. Feb-73
21. A Summary - Digest of the Federal Water Laws and Programs. NWC. Feb-73
22. NWC Report: Revised Review Draft. Vol. I Chapters 1-6.
1. NWC Report: Revised Review Draft. Vol. II Chapters 7-14.
2. NWC Report: Revised Review Draft. Vol. III Chapters 15 - Index.
3. NWC Report: Revised drafts by R.K. Linsley; substitutions.
4. Draft of summary report.
5. Second revised draft of summary report.
6. Review Draft. Proposed Report of the National Water Commission. Washington, D.C. Edited & annotated by R.K. Linsley. Nov-72
7. A Critique: Flood Control Project, Gila River and tributaries downstream from Painted Rock Reservoir, Arizona. by Citizens Organization for Protection of the Lower Gila. 26-May-71
8. Opportunities in Land Management. by Maynard M. Nelson and Keith W. Harmon. 14-Sep-72
9. Capturing the Potentials of Water Resources Investments, by C. A. Berry and John C. H. Lee, Jr.
10. Hydroelectric Power Policy by Truman P. Price. NWC. Feb, 1971
11. Audubon Conservation Report # 3. Some Environmental and economic implications of the NWC's 1972 Draft Report. by Roland C. Clement and Robert K. Davis. 1/15/73
12. CAP - Indian Water Project: Report on Allocation of Central Arizona Project water for five applicant tribes. by Board of Consultants, Phoenix, Arizona. 7-Jul-72
13. NWC Conference: Spokane, Washington. Statements and reports to the conference re: 1972 Review Draft of NWC. 1-9-10-73
1. NWC Conference: Phoenix, Arizona. 1/11/73
2. NWC Conference: New Orleans, La. 2-5-6-73
3. NWC Conference: Washington, D.C. 2-8-9-73
4. Misc. statements and correspondence re: Review Draft Opinions by various groups and orgs. Nov 1972-Jun, 1973
Statements and comments, probably from Louisiana conference
Galley proof. Report of the National Water Commission.