Files include "A History of the Lee
Emerson Bassett Toastmasters Club" by Shahid Mutjaba and Dianne Goldbach, 1980; the weekly
bulletin "The Orator" 1974-1980, which includes minutes of their meetings; and VHS tapes of
meetings from 1983-1986.
The club was first organized in 1934 by Dr. Virgil Anderson and officially chartered by the
Toastmasters International in May 1935. Lee Emerson Bassett became the instructor of the
club soon after it was chartered and was involved until his death in 1959. The club was
renamed the Emerson Lee Bassett Toastmasters Club in his honor..
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must
be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford
University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special
Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply
permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright
owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
This collection is open for research.