This collection, the UKIAH (built 1890; ferry) inspection records (SAFR 13556, HDC 11), consists of ten inspection documents
for the UKIAH dated 1911 to 1912.
Vessel History: The UKIAH was built in 1890, one of the wooden hulled side wheel paddle steamers that served San Francisco
bay. The UKIAH was rebuilt as EUREKA in 1922, and served on the Sausalito-San Francisco commuter run until 1941. She could
hold 2,300 passengers and 120 automobiles. As the EUREKA, the vessel's structure was extensively restored in 1994, and the
superstructure was restored in 1999. She is one of the ships at the Hyde Street Pier, San Francisco Maritime National Historical
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.