This collection includes newspaper and magazine clippings that feature the University of California, Irvine (UCI) or relate
to its origins, faculty, staff, or students from 1954 to 1997. The earliest clippings document the Irvine Ranch, upon which
the UCI campus is built. The majority of the clippings focus exclusively on UCI and its faculty, students, and staff. The
clippings come from local and national sources. Some clippings are on microfiche.
From its inception in the early 1960s, UCI's Public Affairs Office collected printed news clippings from various publications
in an effort to document appearances of UCI in the news. Beginning in 1996 the Communications Office, one of the successors
of the Public Affairs Office, assembled packets of news articles and named them "UCI Daily Clippings." The Communications
Office distributed printed versions of "UCI Daily Clippings" through campus mail from 1996 until September 2000 and began
to distribute them via electronic mail as early as 1998. Some "UCI Daily Clippings" were also made available online beginning
in 1998. As of 2008, University Communications posts links to various publications on their Web page "UCI in the News" (http://today.uci.edu/NEWS/uciinthenews.asp).
4 Linear Feet
(9 boxes and approximately 2,300 microfiche, including 1038 user copies and 1038 master negatives)
Property rights reside with the University of California. Copyrights are retained by the publishers of the articles. For permissions
to reproduce or to publish, please contact the University Archivist.
The collection is open for research. Microfiche is available in Microforms in Langson Library.