Cuyamaca Club Records MS-0098
Special Collections & University Archives
5500 Campanile Dr. MC 8050
San Diego, CA 92182-8050
Contributing Institution: Special Collections & University Archives
Title: Cuyamaca Club Records
Creator: Cuyamaca Club
Identifier/Call Number: MS-0098
Physical Description: 0.21 Linear Feet
Date (inclusive): 1887-1978
Date (bulk): 1887, 1978
Language of Material: English .
The collection includes photocopies of the Constitution, Articles of Incorporation, by-laws, and a biographical sketch of the chairman at the time of donation.
This collection is open for research.
The copyright interests in these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections is such that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Requests for permission to publish must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
Identification of item, folder title, box number, Cuyamaca Club Records, Special Collections and University Archives, San Diego State University Library.
Incorporated on April 25, 1887, the Cuyamaca Club is the oldest chartered private social club in California. Its original primary purpose was to accommodate the social needs of local businessmen. In 1908, the club was moved from its temporary quarters in the Bancroft Building located at Fifth and G Streets into the Land Title Building at Second Avenue and Broadway. The Cuyamaca Club opened its membership to women in 1923.
Subjects and Indexing Terms
Articles of incorporation
Associations, Institutions, etc.--California--San Diego
Clubs--California--San Diego Region--History--20th century--Sources
box 1, folder 1
Cuyamaca Club Records 1887-1978