This collection contains scrapbooks,
minutes, treasurer's report and yearbooks of the club.
The Santa Cruz Woman's Club was organized in 1907 as the Saturday Afternoon Club. The
founders were Mrs. M. Tanner Gushee [Minnie M. Tanner], Mrs. J.P. Twist, Mrs. W. H.
Williamson [Grace E DeLamater], Mrs F. W. Swanton [Stanley Pope Hall] and Mrs. Ella Vivienne
Noe Phillips. Mrs. Alexander McLean [May McLean] served as the first President from
1907-1909. The club became affiliated with the California Federation of Women's Clubs in
March 1908 and with the national organization, the General Federation of Women's Clubs, in
March 1912. The Santa Cruz Woman's Club incorporated in 1954.
10 Linear Feet
Copyright for the items in this collection is owned by the creators and their heirs.
Reproduction or distribution of any work protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair
use requires permission from the copyright owner. It is the responsibility of the user to
determine whether a use is fair use, and to obtain any necessary permissions. For more
information see UCSC Special Collections and Archives policy on Reproduction and Use.
Collection open for research.