The San Jose State College Patrons Association Records, 1933-1990, a division of the California Congress of Parents and Teachers,
documents the history of the organization over a sixty-year period. The collection consists of history and publicity scrapbooks
pertaining to the organization, as well as administration and membership records.
Established in 1933, the San Jose State College Patrons Association was a division of the California Congress of Parents and
Teachers, The college-level equivalent of the Parent-Teacher Association (P.T.A.). The San Jose State College Patrons Association
fostered educational and social events for San Jose State College students, maintained close relations with the College administration
and faculty to promote student welfare on campus, and sponsored a wide variety of campus activities and events, including
annual dinners and potluck luncheons. The Student Emergency Fund and the Welfare Fund were the two major projects of the Patrons.
In 1954, the SJSC Patrons Association withdrew from the P.T.A. and became a free-standing club on campus. New by-laws were
created, but the Association retained its original philosophical tenet of being continually dedicated to the support and welfare
of San Jose State College students.
(2.34 linear feet)
Copyright is assigned to the San José State University Special Collections and Archives. All requests for permission to publish
or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission for publication
is given on behalf of the Special Collections and Archives. Copyright restrictions may apply to digital reproductions of the
original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
The collection is open for research.