A collection of 112 field surveyor notebooks and five indexes containing field survey notations for park construction projects.
Sequoia National Park, founded in 1890, was the second national park to be established by the federal government. General
Grant National Park, the third national park, was created later that same year. In 1926, Congress expanded the boundaries
of Sequoia National Park east to Mount Whitney to encompass both the Kaweah and Kern watersheds for a total park area of 604
Many collections are former federal government records and are in the public domain. Other collections are from private sources;
copyright has been transferred to the NPS on most. Some collections have publication restrictions. Staff will assist researchers
in determining copyright status of selected materials. Researchers are required to properly credit all materials used. The
researcher assumes responsibility for acquiring copyright permissions when needed.
Collection is open for research by appointment.