Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Cadle Tabernacle Audio Collection
CFT00033  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (53.28 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
The Cadle Tabernacle Audio Collection consists of 16-inch electrical transcriptions and compact discs (CDs) with audio transfers of the Nations Family Prayer Period radio broadcasts. The original air dates range from c. 1939 - c.1942. Transfers to compact discs occured c. 2013.
Background
Cadle Tabernacle (1921-1968) was a church built in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1921 by E. Howard Cadle, and named in honor of his mother, Loretta “Etta” Cadle. The building was built at the intersection of New Jersey and Ohio Streets across from Indianapolis City Hall. The building served as a center for evangelical programs and broadcasts on the Cincinnati, Ohio radio station WLW in the 1930s. With a seating capacity of 10,000 with a choir loft capacity of 1400, it was billed as the largest religious building in the world at the time. E. Howard’s radio program, Nation’s Prayer Period, reached an estimated 30 million people between 1931-1950s. Throughout its broadcasting history, coverage ranged across the Midwestern United States, Mexico, and Canada via 16” inch electrical transcriptions and shortwave radio stations. Monday through Saturday programs were 15 minutes long, and Sunday programs were 30 minutes long.
Extent
3 Boxes, 1.50 linear feet
Restrictions
Availability
Scholarly use within parameters of copyright law. Reproductions are not permitted except for digital preservation.