Includes maps and correspondence related to the proposed site on the Palos Verdes Peninsula for the Southern Branch of the
University of California, now known as University of California, Los Angeles.
In 1924 the Regents of the University of California created a committee to help select a location for the University of California,
Southern Branch (now known as the University of California, Los Angeles). The Committee on Sites for the Southern Branch
of the University of California considered over a 100 locations in the Los Angeles area. The Palos Verdes Peninsula was among
one of the proposed sites. The 1000 acre site was located on the north western side of the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
.25 Cubic Feet
2 oversize folders, 4 folders
The collection is open for research use.
Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the Local History Center for access information.