The Balclutha (built 1886; ship, 3m) deckhouse interior photographs, circa 1950-1954, (SAFR 24658, P15-031) are comprised
of photographs of the interior of BALCLUTHA's deckhouse prior to her restoration. The collection has been processed to the
Collection level and is open for use.
BALCLUTHA was a steel-hulled ship built by Charles Connell and Company in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1886. She served in the Europe-San
Francisco grain trade and Pacific Coast lumber trade. In 1904, BALCLUTHA was sold to the Alaska Packers Association for use
as a salmon packet. She was renamed STAR OF ALASKA in 1906. In 1933, she was sold to Frank Kissinger who renamed her PACIFIC
QUEEN and exhibited her as a pirate ship. In 1954, she was purchased by the San Francisco Maritime Museum, and was restored
to her former appearance and name. Today, BALCLUTHA is preserved as a museum ship at the San Francisco Maritime National Historical
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.