Ship repair, shipbuilding, and other structural steel building activities at Moore Dry Dock and Moore Shipbuilding in Oakland,
The Moore & Scott Iron Works of San Francisco (a partnership of brothers Robert S. Moore and Joseph A. Moore, with John Thomas
Scott) acquired dry docks in Oakland in 1909. In 1917 the company became the Moore Shipbuilding Company and was renamed in
1922 as the Moore Dry Dock Company.The dry docks closed in 1961.
in 41 albums and 2 folders
: gelatin silver prints
; prints approximately 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 format)
Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction
of some materials may be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions,
privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond
that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be
commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Collection is open for research.