This collection includes materials related to the Santa Ana
The Santa Ana Country Club was first established in 1901 when James Irvine donated
land in Peters Canyon for the development of a nine-hole golf course. It was
originally named the Santiago Golf Club and was comprised of 45 members. The club
was renamed the Orange County Golf Club in 1913 and then relocated in 1914 to
Castaways point, near Newport Harbor, where it was expanded to 18 holes. Finally, in
April 1923, the club was relocated to Santa Ana Heights in Newport Beach, and
renamed the Santa Ana Country Club. Gerald E. Hall served as the club’s Director of
Golf for 23 years until his retirement in 1984.
5 linear inches; 1 archives box.
Property rights to the physical object belong to the Sherman Library. Literary
rights, including copyright, are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the
responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the
copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The Sherman
Library do not hold the copyright.
Collection is open for research.