The Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Management historical files document campus development, building
siting, and facility construction planning from 1955-1982.
Established in 1964, the Facilities Management Office was charged with maintaining campus structures. It was organized under
the Office of Architects and Engineers, the entity of responsibility for the overall coordination of the campus building program,
and was supervised by the Chancellor. Shortly thereafter, the Office moved under the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Business
and Finance. By the 1970s, the role was expanded into the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Management, under the direction
of the Vice Chancellor for Administration. Today , the Facilities Management office is a service unit under the Vice Chancellor
for Resource Management and Planning.