Charles E. Fuller (1887-1969) was a pioneer of evangelism by radio and co-founder of Fuller Theological Seminary. The collection
primarily with his radio ministries, the Pilgrims' Hour and the Old-Fashioned Revival Hour (OFRH), and the founding of Fuller
Theological Seminary. Material includes program notes and sound recordings spanning over forty years, letters sent by radio
listeners, and the "Heart to Heart" newsletter sent out to OFRH listeners.
Charles E. Fuller (1887-1968) was a pioneer of evangelism by radio and co-founder of Fuller Theological Seminary. In 1929,
Charles Fuller began his radio ministry from Calvary Church of Placentia. The program evolved into the "Radio Bible Class"
and "Pilgrim's Hour." In 1937, "Pilgrim’s Hour" became the "Old Fashioned Revival Hour." By 1941, OFRH was heard every Sunday
across the North America as well as in Europe, Africa and Asia over the Mutual Broadcasting System. At its height, the program
estimated an audience of over twenty million listeners, and required an annual budget of over $1.7 million. The broadcast
was awarded the "Gold Microphone" by the American Broadcasting Company and the "Award of Merit" by the National Religious
Broadcasters in 1960. During the 1940's he also directed a large contingent of itinerant evangelists through the sponsorship
of the Fuller Evangelistic Foundation, of which he was President. Also through this foundation a Bible College of Missions
and Evangelism which would become Fuller Theological Seminary was established, opening in the Fall of 1947.