12 bound logbooks relating to the construction and use of the 60" and 100" telescopes at Mount Wilson Observatory.
The Mount Wilson 60" telescope began as a gift from George Ellery Hale's father, William Hale, in 1894. In 1904, funding to
finish the project was obtained, and once built, it became one of the most prolific and important telescopes in astronomical
3 boxes (1.25 linear feet)
The Huntington Library does not require that researchers request permission to quote from or publish images of this material,
nor does it charge fees for such activities. The responsibility for identifying the copyright holder, if there is one, and
obtaining necessary permissions rests with the researcher.
Collection is open to qualified researchers by prior application through the Reader Services Department. For more information,
please go to following web site.