Engineering and Computer Science Records
consists of the records of the college and
its previous iterations throughout CSUN's history. Records include annual reports, program
brochures, event fliers, course information, a history of the early engineering division,
information on the Minority Engineering Program, records from the Women in Science and
Engineering annual program, and items sent to the College commemorating NASA flights to the
International Space Station.
The Division of Engineering was formed in 1959 and offered courses in Electrical and
Electronics Engineering, Mechanics and Materials, and Thermodynamics and Transport
Engineering. In 1965 the division was renamed to the School of Engineering and became
accredited by the Engineers' Council for Professional Development in 1966. In 1973, an
inter-disciplinary Computer Science program was added to the curriculum, and in 1976 the
school was renamed the School of Engineering and Computer Science. In 1996 the school was
renamed the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of
this collection belongs to California State University, Northridge. Copyright status for
other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S.
Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written
permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially
exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests
exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.