Six bound ledgers from the Remillard Bros. company operations covering the time period 1878-1898. These ledgers were recovered
by the donor from the Ashworth-Remillard House on Story Road in San Jose, the legacy of Countess Lillian Remillard Dandini,
daughter of Peter Remillard.
These ledgers have been stored on the former property of Peter Remillard and his daughter Countess Lillian Remillard Dandini
on Story Road, in San Jose. Originally built by James Ashworth, the house was sold to Remillard, whose company operated a
local brick yard in San Jose. Countess Dandini took over the business after her father died, and presumably the ledgers were
kept at the house throughout her tenure as business manager and owner of the house. Dandini left the house to Joseph Covey,
who passed away in 2010. The Ashworth-Remillard house has been undergoing restoration through the efforts of local preservation
For information on reproduction and publication, contact the Curator of Library & Archives
The collection is open to the public for research by appointment with the Curator of Library & Archives.