The University of San Diego Auxiliary was an organization of San Diego area women interested in promoting and raising
funds for the University of San Diego. The records of the USD Auxiliary document the administrative functions, event planning
and membership of the Auxiliary.
The University of San Diego Auxiliary was founded in 1957 by Bishop Charles F. Buddy. Comprised of San Diego area women, Bishop
Buddy's intention for the organization was to have "women closely associated with the University." As a volunteer, nonprofit,
nonpolitical, and nonsectarian corporation, the goal of the USD Auxiliary was to raise funds to support scholarships and academic
programs, sponsor activities, and stimulate interest in the University of San Diego. This was accomplished through membership
fees and a variety of events held throughout the year. Among the events held by the Auxiliary was the Deans' Ball, the Fashion
Show, and the Christmas Luncheon. The Auxiliary also held member events and conducted campus tours. In 1997, the Auxiliary
began the process of restructuring the organization which included a new name, mission, and new format for activities.