This is a multiple format collection covering materials produced by or about the Newton Booth school's Parent Teacher Association
between 1943 and 1944. Newspaper clippings, event invitations, programs, ticket stubs, notices to parents, and other ephemera
maintain a record of school events and of the PTA's actions.
Newton Booth was a public elementary school in Sacramento, California located at 26th and V Streets. It was constructed in
1921. The school closed in 1974 due to new legislation concerning the ability of buildings to withstand earthquakes. The building
was later renovated in 1984 and was eventually bought by private school group Merryhill in 2013.
At the time this collection was constructed in 1944, The Newton Booth Parent-Teacher Association consisted of 78 members and
served a student body of around 350 students.