The collection consists of maps, architectural drawings, blueprints, reports, photographs and administrative files relating
to the development of campus infrastructure at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and UC San Diego.
The Office of Architects and Engineers (OAE) was responsible for the overall coordination of the UC San Diego campus building
program. Construction projects were prioritized within the University of California's statewide building program, and then
distributed to the appropriate OAE for management and completion. The UC San Diego office opened in 1957 under the direction
of J. W. Tippetts, Building Program Coordinator. He was succeeded by Mac Alfred Cason, formerly the Chief Architect for Los
Angeles County, in 1960. Prior to 1957, UC San Diego campus buildings and improvements were managed by OAE staff at UC Berkeley
and UC Los Angeles.
0.4 Linear feet
(1 archives box and 14 map case folders)
Publication rights are held by the Regents of the University of California.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. ALLOW ONE WEEK FOR RETRIEVAL OF MATERIALS.