Included in the collection are two volumes of the Board of Directors Minute Book (1932-1938) (1939-1951), and a volume of
the Stockholders Minute book (1917-1950). Also included are annual reports, and writing on the early history of the organization
by longtime director, J.J. Dwyer, in 1943. There are also folders containing circular letters, contracts, business papers
and records of Leonard Hessel’s finances and receipts. Two wrought iron seals of the Anaheim Citrus Fruit Association as well
as an example of both 1914 seals are included as well. Letters in regards to further inquiries on information of the organization
are contained in the collection.
The Anaheim Citrus Fruit Association (first called the Anaheim Fruit Association), was created in 1893 as part of the Southern
California Fruit Exchange, which had eight sub-groups. The ACFA was first a member of the sub-group, Orange County Exchange,
but suspension of operations occurred in 1908. The ACFA reorganized in 1909, joining the Semi-Tropic Fruit Exchange of Los
Angeles. The group incorporated under the name the Anaheim Citrus Fruit Association in 1914. By the 1920s, as members of the
Central Orange County Citrus Exchange, they marketed under the Sunkist Brand selling Valencia oranges. Due to dwindling orchards
caused by the expansion of sub-divisions as population increased in Orange County, Board of Directors suggested the dissolution
of the company in 1950. By 1951, property is sold and operations suspended.
Property rights reside with the California State University, Fullerton University Archives and Special Collections. No part
may be quoted for publication without the written permission of the University Archives & Special Collections, CSU Fullerton
or the copyright holder.
The collection is open for research. Some materials within the collection are subject to access restrictions and/or reproduction