Record Series 549 contains administrative files generated by the Bio-technology Laboratory at the University of California,
Los Angeles School of Engineering and Applied Science.
Founding dean Llewellyn M.K. Boelter (1898-1966) organized the College of Engineering on the Los Angeles campus beginning
in 1944, and led the college until his retirement in the summer of 1965. The formation of the College grew out of the University's
wartime training program in engineering science and management. Dean Boelter adopted a new concept in engineering education
by establishing a single undergraduate curriculum, with an emphasis on the fundamentals common to all engineers.
14.0 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.