A collection of 35mm slides and other photographs produced by architect and professor Kenneth H. Cardwell in 1949-1994 during
research and teaching in California.
Kenneth Cardwell received a B.A. degree in architecture in 1947 from UC Berkeley, and became an assistant professor there
in 1953. Cardwell was a scholar of Maybeck and historic preservation. He taught and practiced in the San Francisco Bay Area
for his entire career. He was an AIA fellow and president of the Berkeley Historical Society. Cardwell donated his slide collection
to the Architectural Visual Resources Library in 2003.
7287 35mm slides, 300 35mm negatives, 184 photographic prints in 8 document boxes.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from materials in the collection should be discussed with the
Collection open for research.