The Packer Motor Company records represent the activities of one of the first automobile dealerships in Glendale, California.
Selling Studebaker cars and trucks, the dealership’s main location was on Brand Boulevard in Glendale, expanding to other
locations in Eagle Rock and Burbank. The company was founded by Stephen C. Packer and Harry E. White in 1917 as the Packer
and White Auto Company. Packer became sole owner in 1921, changing the name to Packer Auto Company. The company’s name changed
to Packer Motor Company, Inc. when it was incorporated in 1924. Packer’s son Donald managed the company from 1920 until it
was sold in 1957. Members of the Packer family were prominent citizens of Glendale, supporting many community organizations
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of this collection has not been transferred
to Glendale Central Library. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law beyond that allowed
by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially
exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.