Records from the United States Mint San Francisco branch.
The United States Mint's San Francisco branch, authorized by Congress in July 1852, began operation in April 1854 in a three-story
brick structure situated on Commercial Street between Montgomery and Kearny Streets. The mint was capable of coining $30 million
annually, and it moved to a new building on 5th Street in 1874.
1.5 Linear Feet
The Huntington Library does not require that researchers request permission to quote from or publish images of this material,
nor does it charge fees for such activities. The responsibility for identifying the copyright holder, if there is one, and
obtaining necessary permissions rests with the researcher.
Open for use by qualified researchers and by appointment. Please contact Reader Services at the Huntington Library for more