The collection includes administrative records, scrapbooks and photographs of the Palos Verdes Woman's Club and documents
the philanthropic and social activities of the Club.
The Palos Verdes Woman's Club was the first local woman's club on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Established in 1926 when the
Peninsula was first being developed, the goal of the all volunteer organization was "to bring women together interested in
the community welfare of Palos Verdes Estates and to promote this welfare by such means as may from time to time seem expedient."
Mrs. Cora Belle Cheney was the Club's first president.
9.6 Linear Feet
3 letter document boxes and 10 flat storage boxes
The collection is open for research use. Early scrapbooks in this collection are fragile and deteriorating. Researchers must
use reference copies.
Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the Local History Center for access information.