This is an artificial collection of bound works created under several projects funded by the Works Progress Administration
in San Diego during the late 1930s.
The Works Progress Administration was a New Deal agency formed in 1935 to alleviate unemployment. 8.5 million people were
employed by the WPA over eight years, primarily unskilled labor carrying out public works projects such as the construction
of buildings and roads. Some of the smaller projects such as Federal Project Number One employed musicians, writers, and other
artists for large media and literacy projects.
5.5 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.