The collection contains correspondence, reports, photographs, and printed materials from 1895 to 2007. Materials are related
to St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, and include administrative documents and activities of the church as well as biographical
information and office files of two of its pastors, Reverend John Misao Yamazaki, and his son Reverend John H.M. Yamazaki.
Many series include materials in Japanese.
The church has been known as St. Mary’s Japanese Mission, St. Mary’s Mission, and St. Mary’s Episcopal Church during its long
history. Biographical information taken from the St. Mary’s website (http://stmarys-la.org/lang/en/history/) and from collection
40.8 linear feet (29 boxes, 2 garment bags, 1 oversize scrapbook, 3 oversize frames)
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from materials in this collection must be submitted to the Collections
Management and Access Unit at the Japanese American National Museum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
By appointment only. Please contact the Collections Management and Access Unit (email@example.com). Advanced notice is