The Reginald LeBorg papers span the years circa 1920s-1989 and encompass 3.7 linear feet. The
collection contains clippings on a handful of films. And, for THE WHITE ORCHID (1954) there are clippings
and production material. In addition, there are cast and crew lists, general clippings, certificates, a
scrapbook, and photographs.
Reginald LeBorg was a Vienna-born director who directed American feature films from 1943 to 1973.
Trained as a banker, he turned to the theater after his family's fortune was wiped out by the Great
Depression that began in 1929. He worked at the Max Reinhardt School in Vienna, and later directed operas
and musical comedies in Europe. Coming to Hollywood in the early 1930s, he worked as an extra, staged
opera sequences for several films, and served as a second unit director at various studios. He graduated
to directing at Universal in the early 1940s, first on musical shorts and then, after a stint with the
U.S. Army, as a director of low-budget features. Beginning in the mid-1950s, he worked primarily in
3.7 linear feet of papers.
Property rights to the physical object belong to the Margaret Herrick Library. Researchers are
responsible for obtaining all necessary rights, licenses, or permissions from the appropriate companies
or individuals before quoting from or publishing materials obtained from the library.
Available by appointment only.