These records document the history of the Potrero Women's Club from its inception in 1908 to 2011. Included are constitutions
and bylaws, meeting minutes, membership and financial records, certificates, newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence,
a scrapbook, and other club records documenting its social activities and service projects.
In February of 1908, a group of Potrero Hill women met to discuss ways to improve their neighborhood's quality of life, as
well ways as to provide services to those San Francisco residents who had been displaced by the 1906 earthquake and fire and
were living in temporary housing around Potrero Hill. This informal meeting led to the organization of the Potrero Women's
Club, which held its first official meeting on April 10, 1908 at the Nurses' Settlement on 19th and Iowa Streets in San Francisco.
2.24 linear feet
1 carton, 1 flat box
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the City Archivist. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the San Francisco Public Library as the owner of the physical items.
The collection is available for use during San Francisco History Center hours, with photographs available during Photo Desk
hours. Collections that are stored offsite should be requested 48 hours in advance.