Collection consists of two parts. The first pertains to Stanford's acquisition of Palo Alto's share of the hospital and includes
correspondence, legal documents, financial reports, and floor plans, 1951-1966. The second part consists of scrapbooks and
clippings, 1938-1960, on the Palo Alto-Stanford hospital, health insurance programs, labor unions in hospitals, Stanford Medical
School, and other hospitals.
In 1921 Stanford University took over the administration of Palo Alto's Peninsula Hospital; ownership was jointly shared by
Palo Alto and Stanford. In 1931 a new hospital building was opened on university land. In July 1968 Stanford University became
the sole owner of the Palo Alto-Stanford Hospital.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
This collection is open for research.